I’m excited to share the latest episode of The Love, Food Podcast! If you aren’t familiar with this gem from registered dietitian Julie Duffy Dillon, you’re in for a treat (and you can subscribe here). And I got to be Julie’s latest guest, answering a letter from a listener whose new peace with food is causing conflict with her family.
- How healing your own relationship with food can be like an alternate universe from the world Diet Culture promotes. (Making reference to the TV show Stranger Things.)
- Why sharing facts about diet statistics can make other people dig deeper into their existing beliefs
- When it seems that EVERYONE else is discussing their latest diet, detox, or “clean eating,” it is about them, not you.
- What might happen if you change the way you typically respond to others.
- The books recommended: Mindsight by Daniel J. Siegel; and Mistakes Were Made (but Not by Me) by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson.
Latest posts by Barbara Spanjers (see all)
- How to Fail at Intuitive Eating in Three Easy Steps – May 24, 2017
- Dieting Is a Symptom of a Bigger Issue: The BodyLove Project Podcast – April 26, 2017
- Experts Be Damned – Just Eat the Cookie – April 12, 2017
- Intuitive Eating in Real Life – March 29, 2017